South Asian Travel Awards has extended its online voting until October 2020 amidst the Covid-19 global crisis. Earlier SATA has postponed its Jury evaluation due to the crisis while it is progressing to do the evaluation virtually. Online voting for SATA nominees are carried out via its website; www.southasiantravelawards.com
This years SATA has received over 1000 nomination for over 40 categories from the region. Hotels and Hospitality service providers from Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka compete on the annual South Asian Travel Awards the most prestigious hospitality service recognition award in the region.
SATA has been endorsed by multiple regional and national bodies such as;
SATA endorsement includes;
- Association of Professionals in Tourism (APT),
- Association of Tourism Trade Organizations, India (ATTOI),
- Association of Travel Agents (ATA),
- Colombo Chamber of Commerce (CCC),
- Confederation of Accredited Tour Operators (India),
- Federation of Chambers of Commerce & Industry in Sri Lanka (FCCISL),
- Hotel and Restaurant Association of Bhutan (HRAB)
- Kerala Hotel General Managers Club (KHGMC),
- National Boating Association of Maldives (NBAM),
- Maldives Association of Travel Agents and Tour Operators (MATATO)
- Maldives Marketing & PR Corporation(MMPRC),
- Nepal Tourism Board (NTB),
- Sri Lanka Association of Inbound Tour Operators (SLAITO)
- The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka (THASL)
- Bangladesh International Hotel Association (BIHA)
The South Asian Travel Awards (SATA) has been recognizing the best of South Asia’s hospitality and travel industry since 2016. The prestigious annual event honors stellar organizations and individuals in a wide array of categories. The South Asian Travel Awards aims to encourage and raise service standards within the regions of the Tourism industry.
SATA Team unveiled the 2020 South Asian Travel Awards (SATA) Platinum Partner as Gulf Craft, and Gold Partner as The Hawks Pvt Ltd and look forward to host the prestigious Grand Gala in the Maldives by the last quarter of 2020.