Due to the ongoing pandemic and a new wave of infections across the region, forcing thousands of hotels and hospitality facilities to cease operations the South Asian Travel Awards decided to extend the nomination period for another 40 days.
Being in the worst effected region, SATA prays all infected for a quick recovery and request all to comply with the regulations of Health authorities to overcome the situation. We wish for the millions of Hospitality service workers a quick return to the service.
SATA opened the nominations with over 52 categories for properties and brands to compete, in addition to Visitors Choice Awards and Special Recognition Awards.
SATA has been endorsed by over 15 International and government agencies for its work to elevate tourism and hospitality in the region.
- Association of Professionals in Tourism (APT),
- Association of Tourism Trade Organizations, India (ATTOI),
- Association of Travel Agents (ATA),
- Colombo Chamber of Commerce (CCC),
- Confederation of Accredited Tour Operators (CATO),
- Federation of Chambers of Commerce & Industry of Sri Lanka (FCCISL),
- Hotel and Restaurant Association of Bhutan (HRAB),
- Kerala Hotel General Manager Club (KHGMC),
- National Boating Association of Maldives (NBAM),
- Maldives Association of Travel Agents and Tour Operators (MATATO),
- Maldives Marketing & PR Corporation (MMPRC),
- Nepal Tourism Board (NTB),
- Sri Lanka Association of Inbound Tour Operators (SLAITO),
- The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka (THASL),
- Bangladesh International Hotel Association (BIHA),
- The Indian Association of Tour Operators (IATO).
Properties can now nominate online via www.southasiantravelawards.com until 15th June 2021. SATA is yet to announce the evaluation period and online voting time.
The South Asian Travel Awards (SATA) has been recognizing the best of South Asia’s hospitality and travel industry since 2016. The prestigious annual event honors stellar organizations and individuals in a wide array of categories.