South Asia’s most anticipated tourism and hospitality recognition award has opened nomination for the year 2022. The awards which was launched in 2016 recognizes the best of South Asia’s hospitality and travel industry. The prestigious annual event honours stellar organizations and individuals in a wide array of categories.
SATA opened the nominations with over 52 categories for properties and brands to compete, in addition to Visitors Choice Awards and Special Recognition Awards.
The awards which was planned for 2021 was cancelled and nominees had been carried forward to 2022 due to the global pandemic and travel restrictions. SATA hopes 2022 to be more favourable to the Hospitality Industry and the wishes the travel industry to boom this year.
SATA has been endorsed by over 15 International and government agencies for its work to elevate tourism and hospitality in the region.
· Association of Professionals in Tourism (APT),
· Association of Tourism Trade Organizations, India (ATTOI),
· Association of Travel Agents (ATA),
· Colombo Chamber of Commerce (CCC),
· Confederation of Accredited Tour Operators (CATO),
· Federation of Chambers of Commerce & Industry of Sri Lanka (FCCISL),
· Hotel and Restaurant Association of Bhutan (HRAB),
· Kerala Hotel General Manager Club (KHGMC),
· National Boating Association of Maldives (NBAM),
· Maldives Association of Travel Agents and Tour Operators (MATATO),
· Maldives Marketing & PR Corporation (MMPRC),
· Nepal Tourism Board (NTB),
· Sri Lanka Association of Inbound Tour Operators (SLAITO),
· The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka (THASL),
· Bangladesh International Hotel Association (BIHA),
· The Indian Association of Tour Operators (IATO)
This year SATA celebrates its 6th year in recognizing the regions Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Industry. Despite all the challenges, SATA 2020 was held virtually. The previous editions being held at Amari Galle, Sri Lanka (2019), Taj Mahal Palace, India (2018), Equator Village, Maldives (2017) and Mount Lavinia Hotel, Sri Lanka (2016).
The SATA Team believes that a nation must go on. The travel industry, especially, must prevail by working together during one of the most difficult times the world is facing. The market would be tough, however, lifting ourselves up and standing strong will only speed up recover. The impact is global and how we act locally would benefit the tourism industry of South Asia and around the globe.
Properties can now nominate online via until 10th April 2022.